Why Baby-Led Weaning :
Your question's answered
An Interview with BLWing blogger Sarina from ‘Stop The Munchies’!
Thanks to social media, we are now able to meet people we wouldn’t ordinarily connect with from a business perspective. I met Sarina through instagram when she tagged @grabease.au in her posts and this started a lovely exchange between us about food, baby-led weaning and CJ’s (her son) development. I then had the pleasure of meeting her the One Fine Baby Fair in Sydney. When we met in person and spoke, I realised her story was a great one to share with other families in similar circumstances or those researching how they wanted to start solids.
So, here we are…..Enjoy!
Here are my top 5:
- Mumma’s Little Helpers Food Catcher! This saved my carpet
- Suction Plate!! We use EZPZ Mats. Trust me a suction plate comes in handy for when they start throwing!!
- Sippy Cups. When bub starts solids, they should also be offered water! Our favourite one to use is by Nuby
- Smock/Bib we actually use a combo here! The smocks from IKEA are so easy to machine wash and we have a crumb catcher bib from Mummas Little Helpers
- Last but not least, our Grabease cutlery set. CJ is such a pro with scooping up yogurt and is now working on his fork skills! I stumbled across Grabease after seeing another insta account recommend them and have not looked back since!
The 'Stop The Munchies' story
Sarina is a Sydney based Mum to 3 year old CJ and the Mummy behind @stopthemunchies. Stop the Munchies came about in the hopes of sharing Sarina and CJ’s BLW Journey. Sarina is passionate about educating parents on all things BLW. If Sarina isn’t cooking she’s usually thinking about what she’ll be cooking next!